Howard Hunt is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected at all times. We take the privacy of your personal data very seriously and all data captured will be used and held in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of legal and regulatory obligations, the data controller is Howard Hunt City Ltd registered of 3rd Floor Crown House, 151 High Rd, Loughton, Essex, IG10 4LG. Howard Hunt City Ltd is part of Howard Hunt Group.
Personal Information that we may collect from you
We may collect personal information which we receive when
- you use our websites (howardhunt.com, howardhuntgroup.com, innovation.howardhunt.com)
- invite us to take part in your procurement process
- you use our services
- you contact us
This may include information which you provide where you
- complete one of our website forms
- submit documentation as part of a procurement process
- begin working with or contract with us
- enter information into our website
- contact us directly in writing or by phone
We may collect the following types of information
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
- your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
- information collected through your use of our websites (see IP addresses and cookies)
- details of any enquiry or complaint you make to us
Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information in order to
- provide you with products and services that you may request from us or selected third parties
- provide other customers with products and services
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to improve and develop our products and services to you
- meet legal and regulatory obligations
|Activity||Purpose of processing||Lawful basis|
|Completing an inquiry form on the website||Provide you with products and services that you may request from us or selected third parties||Legitimate interest
|Provide other customers with products and services||Legitimate interest|
|Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which may interest you||Legitimate interest|
|Invite us to take part in your procurement process||Provide you with products and services that you may request from us or selected third parties||Legitimate interest|
|You use our products/services||Provide you with products and services that you have requested from us or selected third parties||Contract|
|Meet legal and regulatory obligations||Legal obligation|
|Marketing||Provide you with information regarding products and services that may be of interest to you||Legitimate interest|
|Provide you with news of any changes to products and services that may be of interest to you||Legitimate interest|
|Analytics and marketing profiling||Provide you with targeted and appropriate marketing messages||Legitimate interest|
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information
- Directly from customers: e.g. when a customer signs up to receive our services or completes a web form via our websites.
- From third parties: e.g. when we acquire third party marketing lists or whilst undertaking an identity check
- From other companies in Howard Hunt Group: e.g. if a customer has indicated that they wish to receive information about the product and services of Howard Hunt Group companies
Who sees the personal information that we hold
Customers’ personal information may be provided to:
Howard Hunt Group companies
- Details of our businesses can be found here: howardhuntgroup.com
Selected third parties
- Where customers have indicated they wish to receive information about products, services or promotions that may be of interest to them.
- Where services are provided together with a business partner and it is necessary to disclose the information in order to provide the services
- For the purposes of identity verification
- In the event that we sell or by any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If Howard Hunt City Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Other third parties (including the police, law enforcement agencies, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other bodies) to protect the rights, property or safety of Howard Hunt City Ltd, our customers, or others
Keeping personal information secure
We will always ensure that we protect your data with the upmost security. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure all information and data.
How long we keep personal information
Howard Hunt City Ltd will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as it needs to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation.
Keeping personal information accurate
Howard Hunt City will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, we rely on our customers to ensure that some of the information we hold about them is accurate. We encourage customers to inform us of any changes to their information.
Access to personal information
You can request details of personal information Howard Hunt City holds about you, by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Howard Hunt, 2 Masthead Close, Crossways, Dartford, Kent, DA2 6QF. Any access request made may require proof of identification to protect your information. We also require sufficient details to be provided in order to locate your information and an optional application form may be provided to assist us in locating the information you require.
A customer may allow Howard Hunt City Ltd to provide them with information about products and services that Howard Hunt City Ltd, or third parties Howard Hunt Group has selected, which may be of interest to them. We will only do this where a customer has agreed to receive such information.
You agree to receive marketing information;
- from Howard Hunt City Ltd about our products and services by choosing to opt-in when your account is registered with us to trade.
- from Howard Hunt City Ltd about its similar products and services where you provide your details in the course of purchase or negotiations for the purchase of a product or service.
- from Howard Hunt City Ltd about our products and services by choosing not to opt-out on the marketing preferences selection tools provided on forms completed on our websites, in order to contact us or to access our marketing collateral and the interactive features of our site.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time. This can be applied by clicking unsubscribe links on Howard Hunt email communications or by directly contacting us via email, telephone or post.
You have a number of rights regarding the processing of your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and electronics Communications Regulation (PECR).
As an individual located within the European Union, you gain various rights when you pass us your personal data, either as a business client, an individual customer, a supplier or as an employee (or ex-employee) of ours. You can read more about these rights at
These rights sometimes depend on the way we process your data. Some circumstances may mean that the right doesn’t apply (or there may be an exception to the rule that means we may not be required to fulfil your request). An example may be that you have asked for all your data to be deleted but we have a legal need to keep some of it for tax purposes. If exceptions apply we will be clear with you why we are not able to fulfil your request.
We have policies and processes in place to help us to help you with these rights. These rights are:
- Informed – we will tell you about the collection and use of the personal data you provide.
- Access – we will provide the type of data we hold on you, the purpose of holding it, who we share it with and how long we keep it for as well as giving you access to that data.
- Rectification – if any of the data we hold about you is incorrect we will correct it.
- Erasure – where applicable we will delete any data we hold about you.
- Restriction of processing – we will restrict processing if decided, working with you to ensure that any data we collect from you is appropriate for the purposes agreed.
- Portability – where applicable we will provide a copy of your personal data in a commonly used, machine readable format.
- Object to processing -you can opt-out of any marketing communications from HH. Every communication we send you should include details on how to opt-out of future messages.
To safeguard your privacy, for confirming that any requests are genuine, we may need you to verify your identity before we act on your request to edit, access or remove your data.
It is possible that we hold and process your personal data on behalf of one of our clients. If this is the case, we can pass on any request for you and where required and applicable we will help our client fulfil that request for you.
You can exercise this right at any time by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Howard Hunt, 2 Masthead Close, Crossways, Dartford, Kent, DA2 6QF.
Links to other websites
Our site may from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to;
- estimate our online audience size and site usage pattern
- store information about preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to interests
- recognise repeat visitors to our websites
At any-time you may contact us with any privacy queries or complaints relating to the products and services provided by Howard Hunt City Ltd.
To contact us;
- you can call us on (+44) 1322 414 000
- you can send an email to DPO@howardhunt.com
- or you can write to:
The Data Protection Officer
2 Masthead Close
Howard Hunt is an ISO27001 accredited company.
Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) with any concerns or complaints you may have or queries on your rights: